OS/2 tircks: EARLYMEMINIT and JFS chkdsk failure

While using OS/2 with JFS, I have had a headache. It's an JFS chkdsk failure with the following message.

Insufficient dynamic storage available for required workspace (1,6). CANNOT CONTINUE

Due to this, I could not execute chkdsk on OS/2 Warp, but could on eCS. After all, I had to reboot to eCS to execute chkdsk for JFS.

By the way, I noticed EARLYMEMINIT=TRUE statement in config.sys of eCS. This statement allows device drivers and IFSes to use high-memory area(>16MB) at initialization time. But it has incompaitiblities with some device drivers, especially HPFS386. So I've not used it. Nevertheless, I tried it with disabling HPFS386. The result was awesome. JFS chkdsk did not fail.

Consequently, JFS chkdsk requires EARLYMEMINIT=TRUE to be executed successfully on large volumes with too many files. But HPFS386 does not work with it. Now, so, I use HPFS386 and JFS without EARLYMEMINIT=TRUE at normal, but use HPFS and JFS with EARLYMEMINIT=TRUE at chkdsk.


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

토렌트: < 왕좌의 게임 > 시즌 1 ~ 시즌 8 완결편 마그넷

토렌트: NGC < 코스모스 > 우리말 더빙 전편(1편~13편) 마그넷

토렌트: < 스타워즈 > Ep.1 ~ Ep.6 마그넷