OS/2 tricks: XCenter and xsystray

xsystray was introduced to support a system tray for Qt and it is now used for Odin, too. And nowadays, more and more programs on OS/2 use this feature.

However, unforunately, I had a problem with xsystray. If I add xsystray to XCenter, XCenter crashes when it re-appears on auto-hide mode. To see XCenter, I had to show XCenter once more.

Because of this, I have not used xsystray. However, xsystray is an important feature. So I tried to fix this problem. And I've found a workaround. It's very simple. REBOOT!!!

I did REBOOT with wishing lucky. When OS/2 appeared, XCenter did not crash any more. However, if a position of xsystray is moved, the same problem occurred again. And I had to REBOOT.

If you also have this problem,  reboot your computer after adding xsystray to XCenter. Nevertheless, if same, then try cold-reboot. That is, shutdown, power-off and power-on.


My system is
  • Warp4 for Korean with FixPak #15
  • 14.104a_W4 kernel
  • XWorkplace 1.0.9 

/// ----- 2015/03/29
You can use 'Restart Desktop' instead of REBOOT.
/// ----- 2015/07/14
Recompiling the sources of xsystray pluging and installing the binaries solved this problem completely.
/// -----

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

토렌트: < 왕좌의 게임 > 시즌 1 ~ 시즌 8 완결편 마그넷

토렌트: NGC < 코스모스 > 우리말 더빙 전편(1편~13편) 마그넷

토렌트: < 스타워즈 > Ep.1 ~ Ep.6 마그넷